So I have written about proselytising before. Now I think that we need some commandments to go with that:
- Thou shalt not abandon reason and evidence in the pursuit of thy science and thy science explanations.
- Thou shalt not distort the image of science to suit thy needs.
- Thou shalt not take the names of thy science prophets (Richard Dawkins, Stephen Jay Gould, Carl Sagan, Rosalind Franklin, Marie Curie, and ilk) in vain.
- Remember that the production of scientific quackery knows no rest day.
5. Honour thy science Doctor and Professor.
6. Thou shalt not sabotage thy competitors.
- Thou shalt not sleep with thine enemy and become prostitutes of scientific illiteracy.
- Thou shalt not steal the equipment of thy lab mates.
- Thou shalt perform the proper statistical tests and not conclude more than thy data allows.
- Thou shalt not covet thy neighbour’s spot in Nature, Science, or any other high-impact journal.